Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Day 17

Yesterday, I washed my hair and I just wanted to show you the dramatic changes it goes through while drying.  I refuse to use a blow dryer.  It makes my hair super frizzy and nothing will tame it after that. 

This is just after I washed my hair.  I dried it with an old t-shirt.  I don't rub, just squeeze the water out. 


This is 10 minutes later.  My hair is still very damp, and I squeezed just a little more water out with the t-shirt. 

This is about 25 minutes after my shower.  I combed my hair with a large plastic pick comb from ends to roots, then applied about a dime size of leave in conditioner.  See how my bangs are already falling in my face, compared to earlier when they would stay back? 

This is about 45 minutes after my shower.  I used about two egg sized clumps of mouse through my hair, just scrunching it from the bottom.  At this point, my bangs were giving me trouble and I pulled them back with a very loose pin curl. 

About another 20 minutes later my hair was 95% dry, and my curls looked great!  I took the pin curl out about 10 minutes after I put it in, and just did a simple twist of my bangs to keep them back while I was doing my makeup.  I left them down the rest of the night, and they had a great curl to them.  I sprayed some hairspray in my hair just for hold, not enough to make my hair crunchy in combination with the mouse.  I hate that feeling.  It makes me feel like a doll, or like I'm wearing a wig.  I want my curls to feel sophisticated and touchable.  Here's a picture with my friend from later on that evening.  


Sometimes this works for me.  They key is to be patient.  Curly hair takes a lot longer to dry, especially if it's thick like mine.  I know I have to give myself extra time to get ready when I want my curls to look this good. 

Happy curling! Love your hair! 


No comments:

Post a Comment