Thursday, May 24, 2012

Day 11

Okay, I've been so busy, but I have been promising to give you my shopping list from Monday.  So here it is:

Conair flat paddle brush
Suave Professionals Moisturizing Almond and Shea Butter Conditioner (sulfate free)
Organix Nourishing Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum
Suave Professionals Waterless Foam Shampoo
Spring Valley Folic Acid 800mcg (1-a-day)
Spring Valley Hair, Skin, and Nails plus Biotin 1000 mcg (3-a-day)

None of this cost very much, and you can find it all at Wal-Mart!  I was so excited!  Being a college student on a budget, I have to penny pinch no matter how obsessed I am with my hair.  I also splurged just a little on some all natural face wash products to see how it would help my skin as well.  I bought:

Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solutions Clarifying Toner
Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solutions Pore Refining Scrub

I really hope all of this is worth it, especially the vitamins.  The Hair, Skin, and Nails vitamins are really big, and I'm not very good at swallowing them.

I will say, even though I cracked and straightened my hair the other day, I noticed something great!  My hair has never felt more soft and clean in a long time.  I didn't have any split ends!  My hair looked great all day.  I was nice to go straight for just a few days, but tomorrow is wash day, so bye bye sleek hair and hello curls again.

It all got me thinking though, I can mistreat my hair from time to time, just not EVERY DAY like I was for so long.  I'll try to keep it down to once or twice a month for styling, so I guess I should pick my styled days wisely.  Really, my ultimate goals in all of this is 1) healthier hair, 2) longer hair.  I know you can't grow your hair long unless it's healthy.  I just miss my long hair so much!  I love that I cut it off back in January for Locks of Love for a second time, but I hated how my hair has looked since then.  It's starting to look better, and I get quite a lot of compliments on my curls, but they're not how I want them.  I don't take compliments very well, and I'm very stubborn.  I'm fine knowing other people like how my hair looks, but if it's not exactly what I want, I'm not happy.  This challenge to work on healthier hair is to make myself happy with the thing I'm obsessed about the most: my hair, because really... it's MY HAIR.  Especially if I get the crazy idea to cut my hair off for Locks of Love again, I want to give healthy hair to sick patients, not dead hair.  How mean is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment