Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Braids braids braids

So I decided to wait an extra day to wash my hair, but the problem I face is that when my hair is three days dirty, I can't wear it down. So wear it up, right?

First, I split my hair into 4 sections, top layers, bottom layers, and about an inch of hair on each side of my face.

Next, I braided the lower section of hair into about 5 braids and tied each with a small elastic. Then, I pulled apart each braid to give them a little more volume.

Next, I did a side French braid on the pieces of hair around my face. You do this by only pulling hair for the French braid from one side (the face side) of your hair. Secured with elastic again, and pulled apart for volume.

Then, I did 4 braids on the top section of my hair. Two in the back, and then one on each side. For the ones one the side, I used the side french braid I had done as one of the strands of each braid. It gives it a more textured look.

Finally, pin! I usually start with the braids that I wrapped in the French braid with and work pinning top-down. Make sure the ends of the braids are covered, and little to no metal from the bobby pins is seen. Finish with a veil of hairspray.

I love this look because it gives a cute way to pull your hair up in the summer and keep it off your neck. I usually carry extra bobby pins around with me just incase it starts to get loose. Hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment